MAHE Dubai has the ideal course for you – B.Sc. in Food and Nutrition.
Good food is something only a few of us can resist. But what makes ‘good food’, good? And what makes it nutritious? The study of food and nutrition is an exciting field that is getting its deserved due. The idea is to dive deep into the science of food, nutrition and make an impact in the world, through your learning.
The statistics on the food industry are attractive. The UAE’s food and beverage sector alone, will need to be more than 4 times in size over the next five years to meet demand for hotel and retail projects currently under development in Dubai. About 19,000 more F & B outlets are expected in the UAE by 2019. And if you extrapolate it to the world, it is indeed a lot of food for thought!
Studying Bachelor of Science in Food and Nutrition from MAHE Dubai
Food & Nutrition science sits at the interface of a number of core scientific disciplines. MAHE Dubai is at the forefront of this science. The course – B.Sc. in Food and Nutrition is developed based on industry requirements. Our degree course opens up a wide range of rewarding and challenging career opportunities; it equips graduates with the knowledge and skills to tackle the challenge of producing and manufacturing food for a growing global population. The course covers subjects like biochemistry, cell biology, anatomy, food microbiology, food chemistry and nutrition, human physiology, grain science and technology, fruits and vegetable technology, dairy technology, food preservation, animal foods technology, fruits and vegetable processing, good engineering, food informatics, food quality control and more.
Upon successful completion of the program, MAHE Dubai students will:
- Get an overall exposure to various aspects of Food & Nutrition Science and its applications
- Understand the potential of Food & Nutrition Science through knowledge of Food Processing Techniques, Food Manufacturing Techniques and Food Quality Testing Techniques, Food Nutritional Values, Lab Experiments and Project work
- Develop various laboratory skill sets required to be a successful Food Technologist
Careers that MAHE Dubai students can look out for.
After successfully completing the B.Sc. in Food & Nutrition Science degree; students can look forward to exciting careers in:
- Food Processing & Manufacturing Industries
- Milk and Dairy Industries
- Water and Beverages Industries
- Food and Water Testing Companies
- HACCP Certified Companies
- Quality Assurance & Quality Control Companies
- Research and Development Labs
The MAHE Dubai Edge – Get it!
- Modern classrooms with Wi-Fi internet connectivity, projection systems
- Approximately 1,200 square meters of laboratory space which is well-equipped with state-of-the-art scientific instruments
- Advanced laboratory facilities for Molecular Biology, Cytogenetic-Microscopy and Imaging, Cell and Tissue Engineering
- The state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are equipped with Food & Nutrition Science based lab equipment such laminar hood, light microscope, Microbial incubator, Microbial colony counter, micro-centrifuge, UV spectrophotometer, UV-Transilluminator, PCR and Gel Documentation and ELISA reader
- Frequent field visits to industries and conferences are part of the learning process
- Students present their research work at regional seminars and are encouraged to attend workshops and training in higher level skills
- Complimentary Courser Subscription for a year
What do you need to apply for this course?
For admission to the BSc in Food & Nutrition Science, a student must have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry & Biology or Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics with at least 50% aggregate marks. And of course, a flair and passion for the study of food and nutrition.